Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

My name is Ashley Howell and I am 19 years old. I was born and raised in Mobile, AL. I have an older sister, Alexandra Howell, and a younger brother, Andrew Howell. My dad is a chemical engineer and my mom is a stay-at-home-mom. My older sister is currently working at Disney World as an intern, and my younger brother is a Junior at UMS-Wright. I attended Cottage Hill Christian Academy my whole life. I was very active in sports playing volleyball, basketball, track, and tennis.Speaking of playing sports, I love to play basketball. I actually coach a middle school girl's basketball team. It has been challenging at times, but I absolutely love it.

My decision to come to South was a difficult one. I had my heart set on Auburn for the longest time. In the end, it was the smarter decision for me to stay at home. Now that I look back, I am so glad I chose South for numerous reasons. I am very close with my family so being able to see them everyday is wonderful. Also, I joined a sorority at South and I have met some of the most amazing sisters. God has allowed me to have so much peace about my decision. One of my major interests and passions has to do with one day being able to teach little kids, preferably kindergarten. I have such a heart for little ones and it means so much to me to be able to make a difference in their lives. I have wanted to be a teacher ever since I was little girl, and I can't imagine going into any other field of work.



Some of my other passions are less important things, but still fun. I like to get my nails done, go to the beach, spend time with my sorority sisters and family, shop, and read. One thing that most people might not know is that I have a dream to one day do some work at St. Jude hospital and go on as many mission trips as I can. I love to travel and being able to go all over the world to love on children and share God's Word sounds wonderful to me. As for St. Jude hospital, their whole mission and what they do amazes me. If I could in any way impact the lives of those sick kids, I would forever be grateful.

"The best is yet to be..."

No comments:

Post a Comment